iTunes works more than you can imagine. Restoring factory settings is one of its functions. However, when an iTunes error occurs and doesn’t work, you need to look for other ways to restore the iPhone to factory settings. How to factory reset iPhone 4 without passcode and iTunes?
How to reset iPhone without iTunes or Apple ID / password
If your iPhone is turned off or locked and iTunes is not available, the best solution will be Apeaksoft iPhone Eraser. It is able to permanently delete all content and settings. What’s more, this iPhone reset tool is rather easy to use. The only requirement is connecting the iPhone to the computer with the “Trust” option enabled.
- Connect the iPhone to the computer
Download, install iPhone Eraser on your computer and connect the iPhone to the computer as well. Run the program and wait for it to be detected automatically.
- Select the level reset option
There are three levels of deletion: low, medium and high. The first is to overwrite the iPhone once, the second is twice, and the last one is three times. Make a decision based on your needs.
- Reset your iPhone without iTunes with one click
When you’re ready, click “start” to immediately start resetting your iPhone to factory settings.
How to restore iPhone factory settings without iTunes / iPhone via iCloud
If your iPhone is lost and you want to restore it to factory settings to avoid data loss, just use “Find my iPhone” with iCloud to help you.
“Find My iPhone” is able to restore the factory settings of the iPhone without iTunes.
The only requirement is that you have enabled the “Find my iPhone” function on the iPhone and can log in to your iCloud account online.
- Enter icloud.com in the browser’s address bar and log in to your iCloud account and password (Forgot iCloud password?).
- Select “All devices” and select iPhone from the list. Then click “Erase iPhone” on the device information screen.
- You will need to enter your Apple ID and password again to confirm that you are the owner. Connect your iPhone to the Wi-Fi network and the reset process will start automatically.